Friday, January 8, 2010

The Movie Per Week Resolution and List

During High School I almost never watched movies. I had few friends and I felt weird watching movies alone. When I entered college, it seemed as if all I heard from my friends was "What do you mean you've never seen ____???!!!" So I made a list, and resolved to see one per week. I didn't keep up with this resolution, but I did manage to see about 20 movies from the original list. This year, I'm serious. Once per week I'll sit down, watch a movie, tell my excuse for not having seen it, then review it. And what type of tea you should drink while seeing it.

Now, here's the list, and movies I saw last year. Every other month I'll edit this post to reflect what I have and haven't seen.

I plan on seeing a movie every Sunday or Saturday and updating this every Monday while I work at the library, unless if it's actually busy (it almost never is).

The Important The ones that I should have seen long, long ago.

-The Lion in Winter
-Blues Brothers
-Reservoir Dogs
-Cool Hand Luke
-The Maltese Falcon
-Pan's Labyrinth
-Being John Malkovich
-Edward Scissorhands
-Citizen Kane
-Psycho
-Raging Bull
-.Apocolypse Now
-American Beauty
-A Clockwork Orange
-Requiem for a Dream
-Chicago
-Moulin Rouge
-Gone with the Wind
-Scarface
-Schindler's List
-A Streetcar Named Desire
-Shawshank Redemption
-Stand by Me
-Chinatown
-Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
-The Verdict (Paul Newman)
-Saving Private Ryan
-Munich
-Big Lebowsky
-The Shining
-Fantasia
-Momento
-The Orphanage
-American History X
(By the way, this list alone: 34)

The Fandom Important to the genre I claim to love. Needs more fantasy, here.
-Original Dracula
-Batteries Not Included
-Willow
-Short Circuit
-The Last Unicorn
-Tron
-V for Vendetta
-2001: A space odyssey
-Close Encounters of the Third Kind
-Batman (Original)
-X-Men 1
-Original Godzilla
-Dune
-Nosferatu and then
-Shadow of the Vampire
-Alien
-Aliens
-Pitch Black
-Starship Troopers
-Metropolis
-Millennium Actress
-Tokyo Godfathers
-Paranoia Agent
-Perfect Blue
-Mazes and Monsters
-War Games
-Castle in the Sky
-Dark City
-Strange Days
-Young Frankenstein

The Fun Still have to see, but more for entertainment than anything else.
-Dogma
-History of the World part I
-Flash Gordon
-Night of the Living Dead
-Return of the Living Dead
-The Karate Kid
-The Graduate
-The Dark Crystal
-King Kong
-Devil's Advocate
-Blade Runner
-Citizen Ruth
-Donnie Darko
-Shaun of the Dead
-Clerks I
-Highlander
-The Toxic Avenger
-Plan 9 from outer space
-Senorita Justice
-The Birdcage
-Babel
-Triplets of Bellville

(Movies on List Thus Far: 87)

Seen Long Enough Ago I MAY See Again
-Goodfellas
-Pulp Fiction
-Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter
- Dr. Strangelove

Seen THIS Year
-Princess Mononoke (Jan. 2)

Seen LAST Year
-Seven Samurai
-Godfather
-Casablanca
-The Third Man
-Blazing Saddles
-Up
-The Wrestler
-The Fall
-Dick Tracy
-Transformers the Animated Movie
-Coraline
-Batman Begins
-Back to the Future
-My Neighbor Totoro
-Who Framed Roger Rabbit
-Old Boy
-Italian Spiderman
-Clue
-Save the Green Planet
-The Gods Must Be Crazy
-Clerks 2

No comments:

Post a Comment